View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 02:31 PM

Credits: 48,845
Hwona is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Thanks for your kind word Wallie. ^^ I just think that the standard is different between professional coders and customers/clients of the script. I dont mind their criticism, honestly the first post NoBackSeat made did get me to work harder improving the script to the state it is now. I hope by Mys v1.4.0 most of the criticism will go away, but it may still have flaws. Every script has glitches and issues, developers always spend time fixing them after the initial release. Sometimes to maintain a script takes longer than to write from scratch. XD

And Anna, I have heard of the script too, even before I knew Rusnak Adoptables existed back then. I have paid for a license too, its in my old computer as well. I actually checked its source code back in 2012, honestly it wasnt a good script. The code aint really more professional than Mysidia Adoptables, I dont even see OOP being used. However, it does have some excellent features that I borrow some ideas from. I will implement them one by one in Mys v1.4.x and later v1.5.x, for now its still possible to port them to Mys v1.3.4 but it can be a bit tricky.
I think what really matters is that we all keep improving as time passes. :3 I'm certain mysidia will improve, maybe slowly, but surely.
Unfortunately, I'm going to have one heck of a hard time doing so with the script for several reasons. Most noticeably, I have an almost non-existent amount of experience; my site is using v1.3.3 and I've poured so much time; blood, and sweat into adding the few extra features to want to upgrade; and in case you can't tell, I'm not very... umm... bright?