View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 03:14 PM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 113,508
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

I think a lot of the critique Mysidia gets is quite unfair. For one, this is the only functional adoptable/click-to-grow script out there. A few used to exist, but have died out since. Secondly, for the most part it's just HoF working on it, and he's also trying to balance out finding a job, etc. Of course there are issues with the script- name one script that doesn't have issues with it that need to be worked out. As far as I can tell, scripting is a lot like writing a novel, it's not going to be perfect as soon as your fingers touch the keyboard, instead it takes a couple of drafts before you get it right. With each new version, the security increases, the script becomes more functional, and on top of just trying to improve what's already there, new features are added.

I may not be a professional programmer, but I sure as heck would say Mysidia is one of the best scripts out there, especially when you look at how far it's come.

However, critique is necessary for improvement, whether it be in script, artwork, cooking, etc. So at least people are looking in on it and offering some critique, that way you know what needs to be improved.

Might just be babbling, here XD