Old 12-08-2012, 09:07 PM
WebMaster

Credits: 10,240
powerchaos
Send a message via AIM to powerchaos Send a message via MSN to powerchaos
Default redesign/rewrite of 1.3.1

dear users

at current moment i am doing a redesign/rewriting of the 1.3.1 version

because of the code in it i started to write it again from scratch (other login system , other way to verifie users and so on )

most things will be differend but other things will be the same

i still use the base code of the 1.3.1 version to create the rewrite , but on the same time i am applying changes to optimise it or to make it easyer to edit/debug

because the script will stop working for php 5.2.x on version 1.4.0 was i thinking of making a version for php 5.2.x that contains the same as the 1.4.0

at current stage i got a login working and some seo urls ( with htacces and a option to disable it )

most prashes are in a single language file , dynamic created so you can get other languages by placing it in the language folder ( like en.php , fr.php and so on )

also the template system got a rewrite , the template system use still the same core and can be changed as a member
the admin can set the default template (database )

this is how far i got at current moment
  • easy template (easy to edit , splitted in 3 files , header , footer and sidebar)
  • register page and errors are in a lang file
  • seo urls and non seo urls are enabled by just changing a setting in the config file
  • login and register works
  • theme selection works (database) with failsafe protection (delete folder and return back to default)
  • ranks are working ( staff/admin/member )
  • other pages are just in a folder ..adding a new page is just putting it into that folder and done :D

so it is still a lot to do before the rewrite is done

also i wonder what you think of my template i choosed to be a default template

http://earth.demonpower.com

you can login to test with the username/pass test (or register your own on my test database )

but be warned , nothing will work as it is still far from complete , it just gives a idea of how i make the template and the changes compared to the original script

let me know what you think of it

Greetings From PowerChaos