View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 07:07 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,950
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Developer to developer, I'm gonna lean you towards maybe going without Mysidia. Last I checked, Firebase kind of heavily uses JSON as a database of sorts, rather than directly hooking up with MySQL. It'd be a lot of work to re-tailor all of the classes to work directly with Firebase! (But it has been a couple years since I looked into Firebase...)

However, that doesn't mean Mysidia isn't a good jumping off point just to take down concept notes on the sort of classes and functions you'll want to be working with.

Once you actually start looking at the code (which I first approached as a beginner to PHP) you'll see how old it is. It's significantly dated and as much as I've loved the community here in the past, I rarely come around anymore. After modifying the Mysidia base beyond recognition and I decided just to start fresh. I'll be happy to come back when the next version mysteriously resurfaces, but after 6+ years with no updates, I really can't justify using Mysidia on a real project.