View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 04:47 AM

Credits: 5,111
Kyris is on a distinguished road

Well, I was directing my reply to those who said they can't understand paying for a digital image, so my first thought was adoptables including the custom made ones.

So yea... with premades in mind, I suppose that it depends on the adoptable itself, and the way you view its role :D Going through a couple of your questions now!

Quote:
Do you think paying 20 dollars for adotable is absured like my self or would you pay $20 just to get a adoptable?
*grins* Is it worth $25+ to obtain a Celestial Steed in WoW? (God god god I'm such a nerdy gamer geek)

Yea, some people do think, "But WoW is completely different to adoptables!" I guess you could say that, but in the end, aren't they both pixels on a screen?

Again, some people might say, "The gameplay is *totally* different" (XD I had a huge debate about this with a friend of mine). But then again, it's up to you whether or not the game delivers something that you enjoy.

WoW to me is awesome, because I love the whole "WHOA" graphics, gameplay, going crazy trying to heal a full raid party and the whole social competitive thing. But then again, I love pokemon with its, "Aww so cute! Gotta run around in the grass for a billion times to get that darn shiny evee!"

I love Starcraft as I'm a sucker for RTS, but I am also completely obsessive over an online pony sim breeding game. All different types of games, but all fulfilling my love for games.

Which kinda leads to...

Quote:
What would the adoptable have to have to make you pay over $5? What do you think is a fair price?
Celestial Steed? $25? Give me. Now.

Limited edition pet? Looks awesome? Into the backyard you go.

Pet with boosted stats so I can fight better, explore more and better immerse myself into the game? Count me in!

Fair price? It would depend on what they offer. Celestial steed (It does count as a premade! XD) lets me run away from allies. Definitely worth about $50 to me, though upon checking it seems to be worth in the 100s.

A limited edition pet I could go for about $10-$20, IF the artwork is good enough and if the pet is limited enough. For example, only giving out 25-50 to a gamer base of 1K. For customization, again depending on the art, I'd be willing to go up to $100+. As for why, I mentioned it in my previous post :)

As for something that makes me play more effectively coupled with amazing artwork, I'd happly pay from $5 to $20, also depending whether or not it's limited.

Quote:
Would you even buy a adoptable?
^^ Already have XD

Last edited by Kyris; 02-03-2011 at 04:51 AM.