View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 12:04 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 90,859
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

I'm currently using Hostinger without too many problems - but you get what you pay for, and I'm still in development, so I don't mind. There are times when my site is perfectly accessible but my backend is slow as mud while I'm trying to develop. It's still a step up from free hosting -- for two very big reasons: One, free hosting is more shared than even the cheapest paid hosting, and on free hosting, they're more likely to shut you down if you run a website that remotely looks like it could be a game or have any chatting or e-mailing functionality. Cross 000webhost off your list immediately, they're not a good fit for Mysidia. And two, free hosts like that will literally remove your site if you forget to login for a month. You can't take any breaks. At all.

If you don't want to settle on a domain name yet, just go for a .tk - they're free and the only trouble I had was when I forgot to renew my free year and then I had to buy my name back.

To point domains to hosting, what you really name access to are the namservers. I'm not using the Mysidia hosting, so I don't know what their cpanel looks like, but... I feel that a 301 redirect and masking won't be enough, not with how finicky the framework itself is about how urls need to be formatted. I mean, its worth a shot, and as I said, the .tk domain is at least a free way to try it out -- all the functionality is the same as a real .com!