View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 01:46 AM

Credits: 101
Mindcrank is on a distinguished road

Hey this guide was so helpful, thankyou, but I'm having a little bit of trouble. I'm wanting to test out mysidia and see if it's what I'm looking for for my project.

I run on a mac, so instead of using WAMP I decided to use XXAMP, which I already had installed (I use the netbeans IDE with it).

for the most part it's worked the same way, except that I was able to skip the Apache and Mod_Rewrite step of the guide (hope this isn't what is causing the problem because I honestly have no clue how to access the XXAMP equivalent of that step). I also had trouble with file permissions during installation. Everything is set to read only, so I had to make several files writeable in order to get around it (Like the gif and jpg and png folders, the config file obviously, etc.) I ended up setting the entire mysidia folder and all it's contents to writeable by everyone, to dodge any future errors related to this. (but I'm worried about security issues that my pop up later?)

Anyway, it's installed and when I go to 127.0.0.1/Mysidia/ I see all that I should, except that I am not able to log in (and therefore do anything beyond this point ^^).

When I attempt to log in, I receive this error:

Any advice? I also receive this error upon trying to register a new user, so I can't do that either.