View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 05:07 AM
Work in Progress

Credits: 3,135
Alphares is on a distinguished road
Default Breeding between two different classes not working

Hi there!
I think I need a little bit of help here. I was playing with the mysidia script since some days. Breeding worked fine except of one thing, the interspecies breeding. It says the item worked but when I try to breed the two adoptables it ends in an error message:

"Sorry, it seems that your two adoptables do not belong to the same breeding class."

Well, of course, I am trying to breed two adoptables of different classes.
I made sure that my breeding item had the right type (Breed2) and so on but no, still the same error.

Just for your information, the adoptables are on the right level, they breed in their class without problems (breeding wait 4 days, can be skipped with the right item (Breed1) without complications). The only thing that doesn't work is the cross-breeding.

Any ideas? I'd be very grateful for any kind of help on this matter.
Thank you!

Oh, and just to add my thoughts here, what is cross-breeding? I mean, If I take a green rat and breed it with a red cat, what do I get? Is the offspring a green rat or a red cat? If so, why would I need to cross-breed anyway? I could simply breed two green rats or two red cats to get the same result.

The reason why I'm asking is this, I'd love to create a system where I can breed a green rat with a red cat and get one of the following offsprings:
1. a green rat
2. a red cat
3. a red rat
4. a green cat
This would encourage people to breed and try to achieve rare coloured adoptables which are only available through breeding.

Another thing that I'd like to add, which is also part of the cross-breeding somehow, is a way to breed a completely new creature (a hybrid for example). Let's say I breed red rat with red cat and get a red ratcat.
Is this possible? I am absolutely clueless about coding so I thought I just add my ideas to the whole cross-breeding problem that I'm having here.

I'm really thankful for any ideas, thoughts or anything that you could give me. Thanks :D

Last edited by Alphares; 06-08-2012 at 05:22 AM.