View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 02:10 PM

Credits: 398
Papyrus is on a distinguished road

Hi there-

Was hoping I would not have to post here but I can't even get to the installation page. I unzipped, point my browser at the page directed and get a 404. That's it - I even dug inside and tried to figure things out, but I can't get it working.

Quote:
1. Use ftp to Upload the folder "installation" to your preferred directory, and change the name from "installation" to whatever you like.
Did this.

Quote:
2. Change the CMD of folder "picuploads" to 777, together with its subfolders, this is required to enable user uploading images.
I assume this means changing the name? Not sure. Couldn't get any help from Google. This shouldn't matter I'd think, in just getting the site to work itself though.

Quote:
3. Access the installer script at "http://yoursitename.com/install/install.php", follow the instructions and proceed.
I change the "yoursitename" to mine, and I've even changed the folder names around to what I had changed mine to when I got desperate. Nothing is working: all 404's. In fact, for some reason I can't find "install/php", only install_func and such inside the folder. I'm probably looking someplace wrong or something.

I'm not sure what little thing I'm overlooking, and would be glad of any help. I've been an HTML/CSS coder for a few years on the side of what I normally do for a living, but this is my first trek into php. My site artist has been working her butt off, I don't want to dissapoint her by not being able to do my part all of a sudden.