View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 11:09 AM

Credits: 48,160
Hwona is on a distinguished road
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahbikat View Post
This has probably been suggested but I'm going to go ahead anyway.

It would be awesome if adoptables could have personalities. Basically when an adoptable is created in the system, a personality for it would be picked randomly from a personalities list. The admins would make this list themselves.

This would probably only work if the adoptables have public stats pages though... otherwise it'd be kind of pointless. The personality would be displayed on the adoptable's stats page or box.

As an example this could be a list an admin would make on their site:
" Calm
Cheerful
Lazy
Arrogant
Stubborn
Generous
Shy
Aggressive"

and then when an adoptable is created, one of the above would be picked randomly as its personality.

I think this would make users trade and sell their adopts more so that they could get adoptables with their preferred personality. It could also make quests more challenging for sites that have quests, so instead of just "Bring me adoptable Y." it'd be "Bring me a female adoptable Y with a Cheerful personality."
Actually, you might be able do this right now by modifying the messages on the levelup page. What I tried was edit the "you already leveled up this adoptable" to contain adoptable data and then put a link to the same page in the "click" message. And I do agree that personalities would be GREAT! :D
Also, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but would it be possible to create a simple "competition" system? Like, maybe there could be "rounds" that run once a set number of adoptables are entered? Then the system could compare the pets' stats and the one with the best stats wins and earns a reward? Maybe if competitions aren't possible then an achievement system? Maybe once an adoptable reaches a certain stat requirement they can earn a medal or something? :3

Last edited by Hwona; 06-08-2014 at 11:24 AM.