Old 03-11-2014, 07:55 AM

Credits: 4,334
Zyraph is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahbikat View Post
Maybe this symbol could be used?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Background.png

EDIT: Here we go. Put myself to use and made this lol
I like that icon! I think I'd probably offer genderless dragons for my site...maybe allow for different genders to have different art (and some androgynous selections for the genderless ones) :3

Oh, snap! I just thought of an epic thing that could be included, though it might be more long-term.
What about, as far as adoptable generation, what if it were generated as one long code? Like, the adoptable type, its base stats, things like that? It would probably save on performance for SQL, because if the site is just updating a chain of alphanumeric code as one entry, instead of having to write a long list of things separated by column breaks, it might reduce the amount of data needed to be transferred between PHP and SQL, which could reduce load times. Just have the PHP side decode/encode when needed, and off it goes.

Again, it'd probably not be easy to program in at this moment, but then again since stats are currently being worked on, maybe nipping this at the start would be far easier than trying to get it to be done later on? Of course, the other side is, being able to generate those codes on the fly and also having fields change when certain stats are created/edited/deleted would probably make things a lot harder for updating, because it'd have to update the code on a massive scale, but...even at that, if the site was down for maintenance anyway, it could just do the regeneration process of the codes, making sure all the values matched.

I'm not sure how this would (could?) be implemented, but I do believe it's possible. Especially if this is going through a process of conversion into MCV anyway, it could just have a compression layer on top of the stats layer, which would compress the output of the stats when they're created, then push them to the database. Then, when requested, it could be pulled from the database, and then decompressed into its original stats, and then editable.

Just my thoughts. Really don't know if it's doable, but...it'd certainly be interesting :3

Last edited by Zyraph; 03-11-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: New idea :3