View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 07:56 PM

Credits: 4,335
Zyraph is on a distinguished road

I searched through some threads, and never saw this suggestion mentioned, but...what about a crafting system? Like, because there will be multiple currencies for some people, maybe have the pets produce something (like wolves produce fur, dragons produce scales, etc), then we can take those currencies and craft them into items that would benefit our pets? They could take multiple currencies (scales and fur, for example) and turn them into items you can equip to the pets?

Another thing might be to also allow certain features to be unlocked after certain levels with the first pet they have. For instance, they can't get a new pet until level 20 or something. It would cut down on usage of the pound, and make it a little more challenging for some people, but in a fun way. Of course, this system could easily be optional, but it's something I would definitely use!

Also, maybe have some sort of account-level bonuses that tie in with certain achievement levels? Like, donors could get a 0.2% increase in item drops (or more, just a random number I picked).

Something I'm wanting to implement within my adoptables site would be something of this caliber: Items that are of the format "Color, Resource Type (fur, scale, feather, etc.), Placement (Head, body, etc.), of the Alignment (Shadow, Light, Flame, etc."

One big thing I think would be an interesting optional thing would be certain kinds of alignments. It doesn't even have to be just "light or dark" but they could play into the items used by the players. Or simply by whatever is equipped. It would also tie into the Stats system, but affects other things like the very items being worn. I'm not entirely sure how easy that one would be to implement, at least not within programming, but...I think it'd be something really cool!

Also, one huge thing I would really, really love to see, is instead of a pound, what about some place where a pet can be stored permanently, when the owner wants to free up space? Like, it'll be in a special box or something that the owners can refer to from time to time, but the pet cannot ever be placed back in game, but can still be seen by the owner. I know some people might just want to make more room for a pet instead of just let it go, so...ya, heh.

I might think of other ideas, but I'm wondering if any of these would be feasible. I don't know if any of these thoughts have been mentioned, but if so, I'm sorry for adding it again. If not, I hope they might be something that could be up for consideration :3