Thread: Error messages~
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 03:38 AM

Credits: 1,303
krazykat1980 is on a distinguished road

I was bored since no one has helped me yet, so I decided to research this... stack overflow explains this quite well (although I'm still a little lost since I know very little about php lol)
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ompatible-with
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...e-with-that-of

It seems the problem is because this function in class_sidebar:
Code:
	/**
     * The setDivision method, setter method for property $division.
	 * It is set internally upon object instantiation, cannot be accessed in client code.
	 * @param GUIComponent  $module
     * @access protected
     * @return Void
     */
    protected function setDivision(GUIComponent $module){
	    if(!$this->division){
		    $this->division = new Division;
		    $this->division->setClass("sidebar");
		}	
		$this->division->add($module);
    }
Doesn't match this function in class_adminsidebar:
Code:
	/**
     * The setDivision method, setter method for property $division.
	 * It is set internally upon object instantiation, cannot be accessed in client code.
	 * @param ArrayList $components
     * @access protected
     * @return Void
     */
    protected function setDivision($components){
		$this->division = new Division($components);
		$this->division->setClass("sidebar");
    }
Although it looks to me like they both require the same number of parameters, and I don't have any clue if differences in the name of the parameter matter... so I'm not sure what doesn't match...

Either that, or it has something to do with the bug with the order classes are defined and extended. https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=46851

The same should apply to the drop down one...

Either way, you might try turning off strict error reporting (something to do with a php.ini file I think) and see if your site works just fine.

My guess is that the php version or setup on the new server is different, and it's possible (I think) that strict error reporting was turned off before otherwise you might have seen the same messages before.

Hopefully Hall Of Famer can shed a little more light on this, since all of my knowledge comes from an hour of googling because this caught my interest. All I can give is information, but I can't tell you what to do with it cause I'm clueless.

I have read at least 50 pages of this section of the forum, and I think previous advice was to turn off strict error reporting, but I can't remember for sure.

Same goes for changing something to suppress the warnings about the headers. That is just telling you that something else on the page already sent headers, so it can't send them again... and previous posts in this forum have suggested they aren't important so just hide them.

HEY, I just noticed something.... could it be because one is a GUIComponent parameter and the other is an ArrayList?