View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 12:30 AM

Credits: 2,745
TheShadow is on a distinguished road

We have a basic coder already, we're looking for someone a little more advanced for the bulk of the work.

But I won't turn down help for barter. We do need help to keep things afloat day to day, installing mods, etc. I am no Shakespeare, but I have fairly decent writing skills. A small example I did in 15-20 minutes:
"After exiting the market place you follow a cobblestone path through a canopy of trees. Your eyes feast on the flora along the pathway. Precious yellow buttercups, deep burgundy bleeding hearts, vivid baby blue forget-me-nots. Even the flowers who's names escape you and those that you have never seen before dot the forest floor. Despite, or even because of the darkness, the colors shine brilliantly. The petals sway in an ever changing warm burst of perfumed air, animating the scene. A breeze gently flows in from behind you, bringing with it the smell of warm grapes. After walking a few minutes, the trees begin to thin, the wind settles, the cobble stones begin to disappear into the blossoms. Taking your shoes off you step through the damp grass, careful not to smother any young buds. Hearing a low drone chatter, you glance up, only to see the world beneath your feet leap from the miniature to the life-sized. People swarm the field, in brightly colored garb, flitting from gargantuan flower to the next like humming birds. In hushed tones they talk to the shopkeepers and artists, some wave their hands in large gestures before leaving large bags of crescents and contentedly going to sit under the giant vines, plucking a melon-sized grape to eat while they wait. The artists themselves either work fervently at their desks, paint splattering as their brushes fly across the canvases, or stare placidly into the field, enjoying the wafts of fragrance from the occasional gust, a look of contentment upon their faces as they wait for inspiration to strike. Having caught their merry complacency, you stroll over to a stall and begin to browse the wares."

I am also a trained graphic designer with a good deal of experience.

I code HTML and CSS.

And I do some pixel art:

All adopts/adopt bases or adopt bases to be except for the pony, which is a collab between me and another of my artists. (He did the line art, I the partial coloring)

Last edited by TheShadow; 08-30-2011 at 12:33 AM.