View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 06:42 PM

Credits: 537
Haylzee
Default RE: Item Shop - 100% Done (For Now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjac1
I currently have my shop.php directed to use a file called doadopt2.php which i modified myself to add the money checking/deduction process, but that is on shop.php , if a member just does it using the normal adopt.php then they can still get it for free.
That's because adopt.php is probably still using doadopt.php instead doadopt2.php to add the pets to the database. Your dodoadpt.php, if it hasn't been changed, won't deduct the money, so if someone uses a shop id with adopt.php, the adoption will go through without the deduction process, because that is only happening with doadopt2.php with your deduction code - does that make sense?

Your doadopt2.php is the same as my buy.php - If you edit your adopt.php to use doadopt2.php, it won't matter if people try to use adopt.php to get free adoptables, they won't be able to, because it will still go through the deduction process and deduct the set cost of the adoptable they are trying to get.

In adopt.php find

PHP Code:
<form name='form1' method='get' action='doadopt.php'
and just change doadopt.php to doadopt2.php - it's simple enough to change back later if you want. Just remember that promo adoptables still go through adopt.php so this will count for them too. I was using the promo page to give myself shop adoptables for free by just giving them a code, which can no longer be done with adopt.php going through the money process too.