View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 08:26 AM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,705
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road
Default Simple Site Security/Registration Ideas

These are some simple, but basic essentials, that I think the script could really use, and would make sites more secure:

> Account Activation
This feature would make it so that a new account would have to be activated before the user can login and use it. The admin could have three choices:
>> Automatic Activation: What currently exists. As soon as the user registers they can login and play.
>> User Activation: An activation email is sent to the user's provided email, with a link included for activation. A user must follow that link in order to activate their account and be able to login and play.
>> Admin Activation: An excellent feature if an admin has alpha registrations and doesn't want just anyone registering. This is so that the admin must activate the registered account in order for the user to login and play.

> Multiple Accounts
This feature would control a users ability to register multiple accounts.
>> IP Address: This would allow the admin to decide how many accounts can be registered under the same IP address.
>> Email Account: I am not sure if this exists already..? Anyways, would allow the admin to control how many accounts can be registered under the same email address.

Very good for making cheating very difficult/less likely, and also may help further deter spam bots (in case the security question fails for some reason).

> Registration Control
This is just to make life as the admin of a site a little easier!
>> Close/Open Registration: Allows the admin to simply close registration and allow no new accounts.
>> Limit Registration: Allows the admin to control the number of new accounts registered.

These are just some ideas of mine that I would love to see in the Mysidia script :)