View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,443
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloometh View Post
Yay new release!

I tried upgrading, but I seem to have run into a problem...? I'm getting the following error: Could not connect to database, the following error has occurred:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2003] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'DBHOST' (111)

I ran the install/upgrade.php file and deleted the install directory and the poundpost.php file and now I can't get onto my site. I checked the config.php file and it is empty. Was I suppose to run the install script or something?
Umm you are trying to upgrade the script? Did you receive any error messages during the process? 'cause as far as I know, your config.php file is re-written using PHP constants instead of variables that will later be declared as superglobals. It is more secure this way, but can be a pain in the butt for upgraders. I ran the upgrader script myself and it worked flawlessly though.

Edit:
My goodness, did you upload everything to your root directory, even the blank config.php file? o_o If so, this explains why your config.php file is blank and database constants aint being created. You aint supposed to do that, your current config.php file stores database information that will be passed into the installer. You need to remove config.php(or maybe config_forum.php) from your site before upgrading. Guess I will have to highlight this part from the upgrade mini-guide, it is not a big issue though since I believe you still remember your old config settings.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.