View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 332,895
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesstryl View Post
This is a good question. I'd like to add in a feature which will make the breeding success something like 50/50 so that a bred pair may or may not produce an offspring. I haven't had time to look into the code to find where I can put in the random variable, but I'll post something when I do and after I get some pets uploaded so I can test it.
Breeding system overhaul is scheduled for Mys v1.3.3, I could've done that already but at this point I am still not quite sure if I should be the one doing it. The coder Arianna(the one who designed the current breeding system) may as well come back in summer, but if not I will take care of this business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateFate
Time is money XD I luffles that
Maybe I should set it to a really high number of days like 30? That would work too, I should try it
Well you can set it to even longer period, say 365, or even 999 so pets essentially can only breed once in their lifetime. It should work so long as the specified date is not after year 2031, since the unit timestamp system only works till 2031. Not sure what will happen after 2031, the entire computer and internet system will undergo a revolutionary change by then I think.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.