Thread: Hello there! :3
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,499
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

You're absolutely right, HTML is a markup scripting language, not a programming language. I have done a little bit of actual programming in a game development class I took (it dabbled the basics and differences between the C languages and Java), as well as through Flash's Actionscript language. I retained enough of it all to say it taught me the basics of programming as far as functions/objects/conditional statements go, stuff that can carry over into various languages, despite some slight structure differences (would grammar be a good analogy, ahaha?).

Javascript is programmatic, and it's where my interests truly lie at the moment. Both AS and JS are very forgiving in comparison to other languages. I just can't seem to get a hang of the way object-orientated PHP is formatted, though. (PHP without the objects, totally fine, but without taking full advantage of it's ability to work with objects, I end up treating it like a glorified HTML with some conditional properties.) It's a lot to memorize, so it's sitting on back burner for now. I don't want to learn too many things in too many areas at once.

I'm sorry to hear taking college courses has sucked the fun out of things for you. It's another thing I want to avoid. ><; My gf is in that same situation... she's super interested in artificial intelligence, but the stress of university just sucks the passion out of it.

Last edited by Kyttias; 04-07-2014 at 04:54 PM.