Thread: Hello there! :3
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 06:38 PM

Credits: 19,382
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post
You're absolutely right, HTML is a markup scripting language, not a programming language. I have done a little bit of actual programming in a game development class I took (it dabbled the basics and differences between the C languages and Java), as well as through Flash's Actionscript language. I retained enough of it all to say it taught me the basics of programming as far as functions/objects/conditional statements go, stuff that can carry over into various languages, despite some slight structure differences (would grammar be a good analogy, ahaha?).

Javascript is programmatic, and it's where my interests truly lie at the moment. Both AS and JS are very forgiving in comparison to other languages. I just can't seem to get a hang of the way object-orientated PHP is formatted, though. (PHP without the objects, totally fine, but without taking full advantage of it's ability to work with objects, I end up treating it like a glorified HTML with some conditional properties.) It's a lot to memorize, so it's sitting on back burner for now. I don't want to learn too many things in too many areas at once.

I'm sorry to hear taking college courses has sucked the fun out of things for you. It's another thing I want to avoid. ><; My gf is in that same situation... she's super interested in artificial intelligence, but the stress of university just sucks the passion out of it.
Yeah, it is! Usually C-like languages are easy to pick up after you learn another one! And the logic almost always stays with you. Java though does some magical stuff for you that makes everything easier and faster to code than say C++

Javascript I don't really know much of it but I do have fun with it when I gotta do something with it! I have no doubt though that JS will be the most wanted language for web-related businesses in the long run, if it isn't already lol
From scratch, I also don't use php with objects, even though I've worked with object-oriented languages. In mysidia though since the frame is already built, I get the logic and go with it.

Yeah, it's mostly the stress and the "you gotta do this to pass, not because you want to do it" of classes. I'm actually going to have an artificial intelligence exam this wednesday, but I'm not liking the class at all. This was one of those classes I was truly hoping to go great and hoping to like it, but nope. Even watching the MIT's open course for that area doesn't help me understand the class. It sounds so awesome and it has so many interesting parts, but it just doesn't click with me. And I still have one more class on this next year, I'm getting quite worried xD

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy programming and finishing a project and feeling like I actually contributed to it, I might hate it throughout the semester but I end up loving it if I actually feel like I gave it my best. But all areas I was looking forward to haven't really been what I was expecting, so it kinda ruined it for me. Taking your time and becoming better in an area you like on your own and just then taking up college for credentials purposes makes it impossible for classes to ruin that passion after you have pursued it alone before. It's just my opinion on it though

asp.net stole my soul.

Last edited by IntoRain; 04-07-2014 at 07:02 PM.