Thread: Delay Level Up?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 06:24 PM

Credits: 8,466
aquapyrofan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post
That sounds cool - so they meet a minimum requirement and then they start growing up over time?

Similarly, I want something where they also don't automatically grow up, but a button appears telling the owner that they can manually grow them up, if they want to. I haven't put a lot of thought into it yet, myself. I wonder if HoF could give us a push in the right direction.
That would be really cool, honestly. I'm thinking something like dragon cave's requirement that they be around for a few days first (and meet the required views) could be done with cron jobs and another DB column, but that would be a sub-optimal solution. What would likely be better is having some way to, like you said, have them able to grow at a button press after they meet the requirements. I was thinking about manual growth earlier, actually, because sometimes a reset to the first level or freezing just doesn't seem like the best way to handle people not wanting their creatures to grow. I may be an admin on my site, but I'm actively playing by the rules, so I run into a lot of the same issues/questions my user base has or will.