View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:13 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,541
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Alright, lemme see what I can respond at this point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloometh View Post
- ability to customize the sidebar? we can customize the linkbar to our hearts content, but I know firsthand how frustrating it is to go into the functions.php and find that one line if it's a little off... I don't know how you would do it, but if we could change what links to include, if its horizontal or vertical based upon layout, stuff like that, it would be lovely. I'm fine (and so are many people) at editing it as it is now, but for people new to programing, it would certainly make things a little easier.
Well thats a good idea. Right now I am already creating a modular system for the site, in which admins can move/modify the location and content of each module/widget in ACP. You may get this sooner, if not in Mys v1.4.0.
(confirmed)

Quote:
- ability to edit css/html files directly from the acp. (and that the template upload thing actually works, it never has for me) I believe this one is planned, but I just want to remind everyone.
umm you mean something like a css/html editor? This is definitely doable, the issue is how to give it a WYSIWYG effect. Not sure how far this will go, but I think we definitely can add at least a simple editor in ACP. This way you can allow your artists to touch the files without ftp access.
(confirmed, but may not be a really great WYSIWYG editor)

Quote:
- ability to message all members and/or staff. Newsletter anyone? Urgent/sorry mail you've got to tell everyone? This would be so useful.
Umm something like a mailing list? Sure why not? I will keep this in mind for Mys v1.4.0's ACP/User management section.
(confirmed)

Quote:
- customizable adoptable term. The site automatically says "adoptable" everywhere, but for those of us who have a single term or animal (rat, for me as an example), it'd be sweet if we could go through and change this as we can change the cash name. You could just do four fields that say for example... singular regular, singular capitalized (for start of sentences), plural regular, plural capitalized. (so rat, Rat, rats, Rats as an example for answers)
This seems doable too, the only issue is that it takes quite a bit of time to go through all lang files to change lang vars. Will consider for Mys v1.4.0 if we have time for adding a new feature like this.
(maybe)

Quote:
- Replace/Edit an image instead of delete it on the image management page. I stopped using the ACP image system because it was so annoying if I wanted to change anything. Afterall, doesn't the page say edit AND delete, not just delete? On a related note...
Thats a good suggestion, while making Mys v1.3.2 I figured out just a simple upload/delete system is not a quite enjoyable system. Will do for Mys v1.4.0.
(confirmed)

Quote:
- sort images? maybe when uploading, you could select if an image had a "parent" image, so when you were going through the list to select, it goes something like this;

egg image
- first stage
- second stage
- third stage
egg image
- first stage
- second stage
- third stage

this might cut down on some of the clutter, help organize (this could even run on the edit image page).

BONUS IDEA: different image sets for items vs pets? So if you have like, a hundred pet images and fifty item images, they aren't showing up together. You could select on the upload page whether an image was an "item" or "pet" image. This means when you make an item or shop, only item images show up and you only have 50, instead of a 150.
Well thats quite interesting, I guess we definitely can do this in Mys v1.4.0. You need to create an adoptable with an egg image first though, if you want it to work out the way you design it.
(confirmed)

Quote:
- ability to customize gender based images if desired (but still allow alternate images).
- wasn't there plans to allow for multiple alternates at some point too?
Well this I aint quite sure, we will definitely be adding a multi-alternate system at some point. Not sure if its gonna be Mys v1.3.x or v1.4.x though.
(maybe)

Quote:
- to add onto bonus page features, it'd be neat if when you visited the page for the first time, you got an item or a pet or something, so you could do giveaways or something. You could combine this with the new features just added - say you have a riddle page, and you enter the answer to a limited view page as a password, and if you get it right, it unlocks and you get your prize?
It seems quite doable, I will probably add this feature for Mys v1.3.3 as an enhancement to the new ACP Customizable pages system. Sure you can expect it no later Mys v1.4.0.
(confirmed)

Quote:
- ability to add our own item functions, though this would be as hard as hell to program, I imagine.
I am not quite sure this can be done with ACP though, unless a script editor is enabled. Maybe I will do it someday, for Mys v1.4.0 this may be too much. But dont worry, I will add more new item functions for version v1.4.x since stats system becomes available.
(unlikely)

Quote:
- have an automated and manual changelog for staff members? say you edit a page to update the news or something, you could then decide to click a button that says "apply change to changelog" and then it will appear on this log as "[username] edited [page name] on [date]" or if you created a new adoptable it could say something like "[username] created [adoptable name] on [date]". you could even do "requested changes" so the staff could assign things that need to be done. "create christmas adoptable", "update [page] to include [info]". just a random idea I suddenly had.
Well I've had this in mind for Mys v1.4.0, you get an excellent idea.
(confirmed)

Quote:
ALSO: can you please let me or someone else go through and edit the acp to actually look like an acp and not just a bunch of links? because seriously, the whole acp and the whole site in general, everything automated could use a good page rearranging and stuff, to look more professional and stuff. I am totally willing to do this, I love organizing.
I dont quite get it... Everything automated? Are you suggesting that something similar to Vbulletin and MyBB's ACP?

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.