Thread: Hey! ^^
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 04:03 PM

Credits: 49,732
tahbikat is on a distinguished road

Welcome to Mysidia Willow! <3

Those rats are adorable and I think they'd be pretty popular. Although, there aren't many equine games out there. Were you planning to do a fantasy equine, realistic, or a mix between the two? Personally I think a fantasy equine game would be awesome, even though there are already some out there. This should be up to you though. You should do whatever you think you will continue to love doing.

As for the coding aspect, Mysidia already has a lot of features and mods that the community has made which will definitely add unique features to your site. You can also ask the community for help whenever you're stuck on something.

I would suggest playing with your tester site first and get to know the code. I didn't know anything at all about PHP when I started and found it quite hard to understand. I ended up taking almost a year-long break from the forums and when I came back, for some reason, PHP suddenly seemed to "stick" and I've been learning to understand it more. Don't expect to learn it overnight, but it does help to study the code and play with things. Always save backups of files before working in them in case you break something. (I just paste the code into Notepad)

Good luck with your site! Would love to see a progress/update thread soon. ^^