Thread: I'm Bored
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 07:33 PM

Credits: 11,197
BMR777 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: I'm Bored

1. For forum hosting I have 5 domain names. 3 are actively hosting forums, one is for research for this script only (becomeaforumhost.com - expires in a few months, part of an old project) and one is there just in case I ever need to expand.

2 - 3. The bulk of my site is hosted on a reseller hosting account currently. I have 20GB disk space with 200GB monthly transfer on that reseller account. My site's main website and support forums are hosted on a seperate server with a much smaller shared hosting account. The older second server contains some of the oldest forums we host, not too many people still active on the old server but there are a few. I keep two servers so that if the main server hosting the forums goes down, support will still be up.

4. I don't know how much you could make from a post-to-host. What I do for my site is I try and bump people up from free forums to CPanel hosting for a few dollars a month. That's why the reseller comes in handy! :)

Also, as far as file uploads go, the one I tried actually checked the file type as you suggested and it still got hacked, so I have to find a bulletproof way of allowing uploads before I allow them on my servers again.

BMR777