View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,801
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasA33 View Post
Create guide and great script you shared with us.
My only issue is that I named my project database project.

I also gave it a prefix of project_

I'm not sure what I am supposed to replace to make it work with my directory.
As I have in the original post: "If you used the default prefix when installing the Mysidia database, the tables you need to find the users is adopts_users, and the columns are username and uid."

Because the default prefix is adopts_, at this point you change adopts_ to project_ since you aren't using the default prefix. Any instance in the guide where you see the default adopts_ you just have to change that to the project_ prefix you've chosen to use instead. Does this make it any more clear??

If you need to manually change the prefix after you've installed it you can do so in by finding hardcode.php in your freichat folder, and finding this to make the change (should be all you need, adopts_users to project_users):
Code:
/* Custom driver */
$usertable='adopts_users'; //specifies the name of the table in which your user information is stored.
$row_username='username'; //specifies the name of the field in which the user's name/display name is stored.
$row_userid='uid'; //specifies the name of the field in which the user's id is stored (usually id or userid)
I've personally had trouble getting the avatars to work, so I've disabled them within freichat's admin panel (you get an admin panel if you visit the freichat folder directory directly and login with the password you set during installation, it's also found in hardcode.php in case you ever forget it).

But theoretically, the avatar part would need changing, as well (adopts_users_profile to project_users_profile):
Code:
$avatar_table_name='adopts_users_profile'; //specifies the table where avatar information is stored
$avatar_column_name='avatar'; //specifies the column name where the avatar url is stored
$avatar_userid='uid'; //specifies the userid  to the user to get the user's avatar

Last edited by Kyttias; 03-15-2014 at 02:20 PM.