Thread: Miniphants!
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 11:43 AM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,703
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road
Default Miniphants!

No, not mini-pants, there are no tiny garments here. Just mini-phants! Meaning miniature elephantines!

So, now that I've got your attention, let me elaborate!

After much -painful- contemplating, I decided that I didn't want to make a cat site, or a dog site, or a dragon site, or even a rabbit site because all of those have been used by others multiple times. SO, I decided it would be good to try my hand at something much...less commonly seen in adoptable sites...and something I am still fairly good at drawing and rather fond of- elephantines!

Elephantines refers to not just African and Asian Elephants, but various extinct pachyderms as well! As for the miniature part, that's fairly simple. All of the species available for adoption will be domesticated and miniaturized versions of their much larger relatives.

Miniphants were originally created through a series of trial-and-error attempts of genetic engineering. The first miniphants, however, came from attempts at recreating the Woolly mammoth. Though the biogenetic engineers are not sure how it happened exactly, the woolly mammoth embryos took off and eventually were fully developed fetuses, just waiting to be artificially born! The only catch was that they were tiny- no where even close to the size of a woolly mammoth calf. Instead they were only about the size of the average kitten. It also turned out that the mammoths were incredibly friendly towards people. The mini-mammoths were eventually sold to the public as fancy pets. Eventually the scientists did the same with not only mammoths, but African elephants as well! Since that experiment went well, they moved onto Asian elephants, then the extinct mastodons, and recently have started miniaturizing Deinotheriums as well.

Woolly Miniphants are the most common species available, with African Miniphants coming after. Then the Asian Miniphants followed by the Mini Mastodons. The least common species of miniphant is the Gargantuan Miniphant (originally called the Mini Deinotherium).

So, there you have the gist of it. I'll be using Mys 1.3.2 for my site. I'll put some miniphant doodles up at some point for you guys to look at :)

Feedback welcome!

Last edited by Abronsyth; 01-01-2013 at 02:09 PM.