View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,471
Kyttias is on a distinguished road
Question Item 'Rarity' Column

I'd like to add a column to the item table in the database, and make sure its included properly in places like class_item.php, so it can be rendered in shop and inventory pages. It also needs to be included in the admin back end when an item is created.

So~ just how many pages will I need to be editing/how painful is this going to be? Should I just basically be imitating how categories are done?

The rarity will initially be used as a visual indicator of how potent or costly the item is. Later, when I make a system that will dispense random items from a specific category, the rarity will determine the percent chance you will end up having that random item dispensed.

-

In phpMyAdmin, I already added the column to the database with -
Code:
ALTER TABLE `adopts_items` ADD `rarity` VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'common' ;
- and this will allow all current items to have a 'common' rarity, and all future items to be such as well, if a rarity is not supplied when the item is created.

-

OK NVM. Apparently that was literally all I needed to do. I can already use {$item->rarity}. For example, in inventoryview.php, all I had to do was add rarity to the headers -
PHP Code:
$inventoryTable->buildHeaders("Image""Category""Name""Description""Rarity""Quantity""Use""Sell""Toss"); 
- and then add it to the table (I added it after description).
PHP Code:
$cells->add(new TCell($item->rarity)); 
-

SO all I have left to do is make it so I can add the rarity on the admin end during item creation...

Last edited by Kyttias; 11-08-2014 at 04:26 PM.