View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 10:43 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 90,775
Kyttias is on a distinguished road
Default Friend System Questions

1) I've created a link on my user profiles to display a link to send a friend request. I'd like to prevent it from displaying on the profiles of users you're already friends with? Currently in classes/class_userprofile.php I have something like this:
PHP Code:
    if (($mysidia->user->username != $mysidia->input->get("user")) && ($mysidia->user->usergroup->gid 5)){

$member = new Member($mysidia->input->get("user"));

$friendrequest "<a href='../../friends/request/{$member->uid}'>Send Friend Request</a>";      
    } 
2) What exactly happens when you remove from your friend list? I was unable to refriend a user I had accidentally removed because the database kept the status as 'confirmed'. It wouldn't allow me to send a request again because the entry was never removed. I had to set it back to 'pending' manually and then have the other user go into their account settings and reapprove the request. How can I go about making refriending someone possible? Perhaps just remove the original entry from adopts_friend_requests while the friend is removed?

Last edited by Kyttias; 01-05-2016 at 10:45 PM.