Thread: My Adopts Clone
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 11:27 AM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 117,540
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

If y'all are serious about this then I can ask around and see if it'd be possible to get a big member base...I know a few sites where a lot of users exist wanting to create their own sites but turning to EasyRPG because they have no other option. In regards to activity...if you require posting on the/a forum for users to gain points to use to buy features/etc for their sites then that'd really boost forum activity.

In regards to the Moderating team, it depends, for me, on what sort of knowledge would be necessary to be a moderator for this sort of thing. I for one have a pretty secure knowledge of HTML and CSS, but PHP and Javascript (amongst others) escape me. However, despite my lack of coding knowledge, I do have a good understanding of how to deal with confused users in the sort of situation that creating a sort of Adopts-Site-Host would create. You will need good moderators for this sort of thing to deal with the various problems that arise from hosting adoptable sites...art theft being the most notable problem, but bickering between members also occurs...also one of the major problems that occurred for Myadopts for certain users was "hacking" aka easy passwords getting guessed...I think the best way to prevent this would be to require users have a secure password containing a min. amount of characters and lower case and upper case letters as well as numbers and possibly symbols.

Sorry, that's a whole lot of nonsense up there! Basically if this is something y'all are seriously wanting to attempt, then I want to help in any way I can...I honestly miss being a part of a community like Myadopts, I met some really cool people there and it was upsetting to see the activity drop like it did.