View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 07:59 PM

Credits: 866
p810 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinocanid View Post
You should definitely give Mysidia Deluxe a look! It's been 2 months since the last update, but I haven't dropped the project (just been busy with other stuff).

There also a post here, but it's pretty much the same info from github:
http://mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=5575
I'll definitely look into that, thanks for sharing!

One thing I'm considering is whether it would be worth trying to rebuild from the ground up, or continuing with a fork of Mysidia like you have and building around that.

Personally I feel like there'd be some benefit in a structural reorganization of the codebase. As it stands currently there's a decent amount of technical debt accruing with how Mysidia was built, with regards to accessibility, future proofing, and patching. One major challenge with the current codebase that I foresee will be getting proper support for PHP 7 too, which is a problem since PHP 5.6 and 7.0 are at EOL.

I'm going to start tinkering with the possibility of a rewrite and see what comes of it. I set up the skeleton for a project the other day (when I made this topic) using Composer and some framework components like NikiC's router and the Auryn IoC container. I'll update this thread when I have some news.

I don't check here every day but in the meantime if any of you want to contact me, send mail to: im__9933.at. Just replace the underscores with an @