View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 11:06 PM

Credits: 1,145
ProWeb
Angry My Laundry List Of Suggestions

Great script, just paid to support it!

I've loaded it and played with it a little. Here is my first list of suggestions. I hope my comments below aren't duplicates of other suggestions already posted, but here's what I think would make the current script much better:

Install: I received the following error for pretty much every SQL command I ran:

Quote:
#1074 - Too big column length for column 'content' (max = 255). Use BLOB instead
I had to change pretty much every size over 255 to 255 to get the SQL commands to run.

When logging in: I tried about 3 times to login because I expect that the login prompts will go away if the login is successful. It wasn't until try #4 that I saw the tiny text in the main content area saying I was logged in. I imagine this would happen to most users trying to login for the first time since it is common practice to remove the login prompts if login is successful.

When editing the "main global settings" and navigating back to the page, the settings do not seem to stick.

Creating Creatures:

Will it be possible to upload images instead of pointing to url?

It would be great to edit existing adoptables (add/ change images, add levels, etc)

PLEASE add a preview of creatures (and all levels) after creation. I have no idea if the creature images are correct or in the right order or anything after creation. Very frustrating.

MISC:
I entered descriptions of the creatures, but don't see where they show up. I would expect them to show up while browsing creatures, no?

When grabbing HTML or BBCODE, an auto select / copy all text in text area would be cool. For now I simply made the text areas 8 rows tall so members are sure to select all the text (otherwise they will only select the stuff they see, the first 4 lines).

An easy way to change the text generated for html and bbcode.

And this is a huge / easy one: Why isn't the creature image clickable? Who wouldn't want a click of the image to take them directly to the level up?