View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 01:53 PM
K.Forte

Credits: 1,505
K.Forte is on a distinguished road

@Kyttias thank you so so much for your detailed and thorough response! I feel like, in the long run especially, your suggestions just saved me a lot of time and energy spent.
However, I'm more of a person who likes learning how to fix my problems myself instead of throwing money at them to fix them. I think I'll just try to figure out how to code it all myself then, using the mysidia script as a reference then. Because you're right, the lack of update in a very long time is very worrying.
I already have bbpress etc set up. I'm not interested in using mysidias login or forum systems at all. Most of the script actually is just very outdated. I'm more interested in the pet specific tasks that are carried out in only a very small portion of the entire mysidia script. Mostly because I haven't learned php myself yet. If there's something readymade that will save me time, I'd rather go with that... But if there's more hassle digging through piles of code to get to the meaty good part, then I'd rather write it from scratch, like you suggested.

I guess I'm off to learning php then!
Thank you for all your help! 😀 👍