View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 11:52 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,301
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Oh I see, then you probably just change RadioButton to GUIComponent instead. PHP is an annoying language in a way that its type hinting is incomplete. RadioButton is a subclass of GUIComponent, this kind of type hinting is normally reasonable but in PHP it generates strict standard errors.
Ah, sorry, doing so is what caused the Fatal Error instead, so I changed it back to what it came with and disabled the Strict warnings from displaying, so it's okay.

I think newer versions of PHP are doing a little better, hence all the complaining it does over code it's changed requirements for, but as a constantly updating language it's lack of backwards compatibility as soon as a server updates makes it quite a headache. Despite having a book or two laying around, and tinkering around with PHP for a couple years, I still end up at a loss of what I'm doing most of the time and end up turning to Google to find nothing but forums full of people going 'have you googled it?' and shaking my head at the irony. Luckily, these warnings aren't major problems (yet, or hopefully anytime soon).

But thank you so much for your time! I won't spend my time troubleshooting stuff I can just shut off, and I'm sure it's all going to get sorted out eventually. You never know what happens when PHP decides to update. It's like buying a new computer, eventually, you just can't find the old version you like in the store anymore.

I'm glad to see activity, and this probably isn't where I'm meant to be posting, so when I have more questions, I'll post elsewhere. Sorry for that!

I'm off to go build a template~