View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 12:18 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,715
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

It's extremely tough to work with that menu. I mean, what if we don't even -want- to use list tags in our menu? What if we want to use sliding drop down panels? I sure as heck do, and I'm determined to for my own site. The drawback? I won't be able to use the admin panel to place the links there, I'll have to do it all by hand. Trying to code around the existing drop down menu is horrendous and I don't know how to do it because I know nothing about object orientated PHP.

For my responsive Bootstrap template, I added classes the menu list (the ul and li tags) to dynamically style them using jQuery, but I know some pretty advanced techniques. (Such could have been done manually, but I didn't want people to have to edit multiple files to install my template.) But even I can't make a list into anything but a list, and I don't know how to rewrite the entire menu system to deliver plain text output rather than the list format that it is in (and irritatingly pre-styled as well).

If you can create some sort of mockup outline of what sort of look you're hoping to achieve, I could always give it a shot to help nudge you in the right direction, but depending on the complexity of it... even I'm having issues when it comes to that darn menu.