Thread: Cash System
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 03:26 AM

Credits: 537
Haylzee
Default RE: Cash System

I made a shop system awhile ago when the currency system was posted here, but it's a little different from yours Arianna. I checked out the cash/shop system someone made for the older version of the script and used that to make one for my site. I made a copy of the adopt.php page and called it shop.php, which shows the prices of the adoptables, and and a copy of the doadopt.php page and called it buy.php, when you buy an adoptable it leads to that instead of doadopt, and that page determines whether you have enough of the currency to buy the adoptable before it inserts into the database, and it removes the cost of the adoptable from the user's currency total. It works perfectly as far as I can see so far. I'm totally a php novice so I just really had to play around.

I never even bothered editing the admin.php page to be able to set prices or anything like that, I've just been doing it through phpmyadmin. lol actually it didn't even occur to me to try it, now I should go play around with that.