View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 10:50 PM

Credits: 19,380
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinKat View Post

Kyttias-
What does going offline do, and how do I get there? o3o
Does going offline affect anything? (I've been using localhost myself)

I will definitely, definitely look into getting MAMP/XAMPP/WAMP. As of now though, I'm just trying to get a basic website up.

I have tried port-forwarding in Minecraft, but I'd figured there were too many risks with hackers involved/loophole in the system/etc.

I will keep all of that in mind before using a paid host, and them owning my domain name doesn't sound appealing in the least.

IntoRain
Yep, I went through the installation process.

With the tools Kyttias presented (WAMP/XAMPP...) you can try out websites without having them on the internet. It's useful for local development, instead of doing the changes on the live website. To 'go offline' you just need to install and run one of those tools (my favorite is WAMP, it's easier to use). Then you just need to put the files in a specific folder in your computer and type "localhost" in the address bar to see it.

If you modify your settings to use the same php/apache versions as the live server, it shouldn't have any differences.

Quote:
And, may I continue to get help here, or is it only for the Mysidian community? Thanks again
Well, the forum is more Mysidia-oriented, so it's more complicated to get answers for other frameworks. You can set up a thread in here for non-mysidia websites ^^ I can always try to help, but if I don't have the framework set up to test, it might be not be as accurate

asp.net stole my soul.