View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 05:26 PM

Credits: 63,674
Dinocanid is on a distinguished road

After looking through the daycare's files, turns out there's actually a pretty short solution that I was able to come up with.

1. First I went into phpMyAdmin, owned_adoptables, and added a new column like this:
Quote:
Name: exclude
Type: VARCHAR
Length: 3
Default: (As Defined) no
Collation: latin1_swedish_ci
Check the null box
2. Now go to class_daycare.php and change line 36 to this (assuming no prior edits were made):
PHP Code:
if(is_numeric($this->settings->level)) $conditions .= " and currentlevel <= '{$this->settings->level}' and exclude = 'no'"
  Spoiler: Sidenote 
Now the daycare won't include any pets that have "exclude" set to yes.

3. Now there's how to update it. This is where my brain started to fry. I'm unsure of this part since most people have their owned_adoptables.php set up differently than others (including myself). Here's one way of doing it:
*Create a new form with two radio buttons, one named "do exclude" and one named "do not exclude" (or something like that).
* Then create an if statement so that if the person selected do exclude, this line happens:
PHP Code:
$mysidia->db->update("owned_adoptables", array("exclude" => 'yes'"username = '{$mysidia->user->username}'"); 
*Create a elseif statement so when the person chooses don't exclude, this line happens:
PHP Code:
$mysidia->db->update("owned_adoptables", array("exclude" => 'no'"username = '{$mysidia->user->username}'"); 
-End guide-

I haven't tested the part where users change it themselves, since I have absolutely no idea how radio buttons work. I have tested the parts before it though, and it does work if you were to change the value manually through phpMyAdmin. Here's a mockup code of the different button conditions, but that's where my knowledge ends unfortunately. It won't work on it's own, but it can give you an idea of what you need to do:
PHP Code:
if($mysidia->input->post("submit")){
$choice $mysidia->input->post("exclude");
if(
$choice == "doexclude"){
$document->add(new Comment("This pet has been excluded from the pound."));
$mysidia->db->update("owned_adoptables", array("exclude" => 'yes'"aid = '{$adopt->getAdoptID()}'");
}
elseif(
$choice == "donotexclude"){
$document->add(new Comment("This pet will now be visible the pound."));
$mysidia->db->update("owned_adoptables", array("exclude" => 'no'"aid = '{$adopt->getAdoptID()}'");
}
return 
TRUE;}