Thread: Trade System
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 03:54 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 89,235
Kyttias is on a distinguished road
Default Trade System

I'm a little lost. How/where would one go to cancel/close a public trade if they've decided they no longer want to offer those pets/items to others? Such a feature, if it exists, would/should also decline all existing offers.

I know where I can go to view my 'private' trades and my public trades DO show up there, but I cannot edit them. They probably either should not show up there OR I should be able to edit them, but neither is the case.

At (mysite)/trade/privates I see my public trade offer (I have no private trade offers currently). Clicking to edit the offer sends me to (mysite)/trade/privates/tid/4 and gives me the error "The specified user does not exist..." because, obviously, this is not a private trade and it's looking for a recipient field which does not exist.

I understand I shouldn't be able to edit a public offer, but I should at least be able to cancel it.

Further, from what I understand, there is no way to ask for a pet in a private trade but not offer one, nor offer one but not ask for one...? It must be a pet for a pet, with the current system. Not a pet for money or money for a pet, or items and money. It can be a pet and money or a pet and money and items but it must always have a pet. Kind of odd, especially if two users were interested in trading just items or 'buying' an item or pet and offering nothing but money. It's just not possible, currently.

Is the trade functionality being updated/totally revised for the next version of Mysidia? It's pretty vital, but it's currently pretty broken.

I'm thinking about just gutting it and removing the ability to trade publicly (since they can't be cancelled, leaving pets in limbo forever) and removing the ability to send items or money between users because it'll just confuse users that they must always offer AND ask for a pet even though it implies they can request/send items and money instead without pets being involved.

Unless I'm somehow wrong in this... but it's just not working how it should, it seems.

Last edited by Kyttias; 04-29-2015 at 04:09 PM.