View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 01:17 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 87,017
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

After squinting and seeing that you're on a Mac, I can now tell you all you need to do is simply unhide the file. Mac computers like to hide important system files. Because its formatted similarly (not having a real name, just as an extension) the OS assumes it's a system file and tries to keep it safe by hiding it. Here are two different sites explaining the same process for showing hidden files: [x] [x]

I've never owned a Mac, so it's not something I would have thought of. (On Windows, hidden files are a relatively common thing and are much easier to hide/unhide, but basically nothing comes hidden outside of the System file or a software installer automatically does it - files from the internet should never autohide themselves, that's ridiculous!) It's not surprising a Mac owner wouldn't have thought of this, either.

(As a note to not seeing changes after making edits in an earlier post - be aware that you must restart the server before changes can take place. If this means rebooting the entire computer because you can't figure out how, then that's what you'll have to do. I don't know how other setups work.)

Last edited by Kyttias; 06-21-2015 at 01:26 AM.