View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 07:43 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 331,425
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

You are very welcome. For now I can update you guys/gals on some information on Mys v1.4.0, its not anything like an official update but should give you some clues on what will become of the project.

-- It will support the following database systems: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Sqlite3, OCI8 and MSSQL, though MySQL is highly recommended.
-- It will have around 70-80+ database tables(60+ data tables and 10-20 settings tables), thus doubling the number from Mys v1.3.4.
-- It will have an improved friend system, users can set privacy options to make certain part of their profile or other properties to be viewed only by friends.
-- It will have an ignore system, similar to the friend-system. If you get tired of some users pestering you with messages or trade offers, it will come in handy.
-- It will feature a moderation system in which you can selectively approve/disapprove actions by certain users.
-- It will come with a pseudo-cronjob system that runs scheduled tasks. You can create cron job scripts and link them in ACP to enable scheduled events.
-- It will feature an improved plugin/hook system, making true addon scripts possible rather than mods that require editing core script files.
-- It will offer internationalization support, although only English is available for the official package.

If you find any of the above updates interesting or confusing, please let me know and I dont mind explaining them in details. I'm currently working on the model layer(aka the domain/business and infrastructure layers) of the new script, things are shaping up nicely for now.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.