Thread: Mys 1.3.4 News System
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 08:16 PM

Credits: 19,370
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesstryl View Post
Nice mod, will definitely use this once I start working on my site. Right now I've been diggin g deep into learning MVC, OOP, and PDO before I even touch Mysidia.
Thank you! Hope it works well for you! ^^ OOP is one of those concepts that will make so much sense once it clicks xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abronsyth View Post
Just created and added everything and it is functioning perfectly! I have to fix up the formatting a little bit so it works more neatly with the theme, but it's awesome so far!

How do you think one should go about making it so that a news alert appears at the top of the page until the member visits the news page? So each time a new news post is added members are alerted when they logon?
Yay glad it worked for you! ^^ THank you for the input!
I was thinking of sending a new message to users to alert them of a new news, but I kinda got lazy and didn't do it lol
I guess it would work exactly like the messages system that alerts users when they get a new message. Maybe another table that contains all users and a field that says if they have been to the news page ever since a new news was posted. So when posting a news, all fields would reset to "unread" for all users and while it was unread, a message would appear somewhere in the site

asp.net stole my soul.