View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 03:15 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,317
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Wow, this is pretty fascinating. Just how did you stumble upon this?

What exactly is it doing? Multiplying? Overlaying? Xor? I can't even tell. I'll take a look, because I'm super curious as to how this was achieved.

Any idea what would happen if the species were the same dimensions but one had a glow around it? Would the baby keep the glow, or would it cause a glitching mess? I assume it would keep the glow, but I'm not necessarily sure what color it would be in (and I suppose it doesn't particularly matter).

Does this work with transparent pngs and gifs?

How hard would it be to limit it to a specific species, especially if all your species come at a variety of dimensions? Or is that already a feature in this mod (or do we have to rely on our visitors not to merge strange things and create glitches)? (Breeding groups should help with this, right? Because I don't mind babies of species A or species B, which is what breeding groups are meant to do, but this will only work with things on the same species. I guess I'll just have to make a species that only breeds like this?)

(( unrelated: I rather like the breeding system on Flight Rising, where the babies end up being one of range of colors between the two parents. Colors are come in sections (primary, secondary and tertiary accents) and are likely stored on the server as separate pieces and then merged with php. And they also merge down textures as genetics. At FR, the color is obviously determined by a set array of variables, and isn't merged using... whatever you are? Yours is very creative, however! I wouldn't want to completely imitate FR, anyway. ))

Last edited by Kyttias; 01-31-2014 at 03:19 PM.