View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 33,146
Kaeliah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Kaeliah Send a message via MSN to Kaeliah
Default RE: MyBB intergration

Actually what I did was had my users register at the forum first. Then they had to go to the RA site register page and input their username and password as if they were logging in. The code then found their username in the forum users table and put all the necessary information into the RA users table.

However with my new site, Kaplushies I'm just scripting my own simple forum for complete integration.

I also managed to have a link in a 'bank' page that when you clicked on it, it would give the users a certain amount of currency per post, then update their last postcount. So say they made 8 posts in the forum, then clicked the link. They'd receive 2 coins per post so a total of 16 coins and their postcount in the user table updated from 0 to 8. Then they make another 2 posts, click the link get a total of 4 coins and the number updates to 10. It was basic, annoyingly partially integrated but my users who had never seen anything like that before(MA users) liked it. Now I'm just scripting my own forum which isn't actually that hard...