View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 03:27 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 87,974
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasA33 View Post
This is absolutely amazing! I've wanted bootstrap for this for a while and after many attempts just gave up.

Thank you very much!
Sure, sure, no problem. No credits are necessary so go ahead and take it and build on it. At the core, all I want to do is provide a framework that meshes Bootstrap with the Mysidia defaults. It'll recognize any table or input and automatically add a class to it. At that point, you won't even have to look up Bootstrap's classes even on custom pages (at least not for things like tables, inputs, and buttons). Obviously there's still a lot more cool stuff Bootstrap has to offer.

People should definitely build themes on TOP of this, and then distribute them here, if they like. I want this to be partner to any theme builder who wants Bootstrap as part of their theme. By itself, Bootstrap will make any site look at least 30% cooler, but there's a lot of room to expand on that. I don't want to impose any features someone may not want to use. It's very easy to overwrite Mysidia's core code with jQuery, perhaps even too much. I don't want to overstep and assume what features people want, so eventually progress will halt on my Bootstrap theme, and I'll start a specialized version.

And while I'm working on the specialized version, I should be able to create mods specifically meant for a Bootstrap theme. So if someone wants, say, a 150px image underneath their navbar (won't scroll with it, of course), I'd be to go "here just add in this code right over there" and then, voila, people can pick and choose.