View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Artist

Credits: 15,474
pachoofoosh is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Well check if your host has PHP 5.3 on its server, if not you better just move host rather than wait for them to make changes. Its a different story though if you use a paid-host, they usually are much more reliable and can perform server upgrade for ya.
Yup, they're a paid host and are using 5.3. ^^ It must be the PDO driver is messed up somehow. :o

I've contacted them a few times through support tickets, and each time they've responded with nothing helpful. :P I asked them if they could check if the PDO driver was configured correctly, because I was getting errors when the script tried to write the config file and access the site, and I got back this:

Quote:
Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately it is not possible to write a file into a directory which does not have writable permissions. I have created the config.php file in this directory and set it as writable, you should now be able to proceed with the installation as long as that is the only file which requires to be written.

If this is unsuccessful and other files need to be written in the directory, you may want to momentarily set writable permissions on that directory for installation purposes. Ensure you remove them upon completion of installation. These permissions can be set using the Brinkster File Manager located within the control panel. If you have further questions please let us know, we will be glad to provide further assistance. Have a great day.
So i'm assuming that the PDO errors might be happening because the script is trying to use PDO when it is not accessible? :o
I guess i'll just look for another host to use for my website if they can't allow the PDO driver to be used. :P

Last edited by pachoofoosh; 01-10-2013 at 03:41 PM.