View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 12:40 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,066
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Final thoughts:
"I personally think Nemesis would keep the current staff team if he wins the bid, but thats just my assumption. " HOF is right that would be the best course of action and what I'd do. However being in college and busy myself there is no way I would pay such a price on a risky investment, his price is placed based on the fact that people are dedicated to adopts sites and may fight for it. But from a business perspective it would be a loss and I actually doubt I will be a bidder.

Only scenario I see (that would get me involved) is he can't find a seller (no one with same dedication as him) and I would say his best course of action would be to give it to someone he trusts, (HOF) and his best bet would be to let the community care for it on a lease/rent and he could still collect his adsense till he gets his desired amount. That is the only way I see myself running that site is if its free till its debt is paid. Or run on community donations, but again unlikely due to the young age group.
I see, this makes perfect sense to me. A rational investor like Nemesis will recognize this as too risky a decision to make. This is however, under the assumption that all bidders are rational. There may be people who will be bidding for BMR and drive up the price even higher, should be interesting to see.

I wonder if he will choose the path of leasing/renting MA though, but thats actually not really a bad choice unless he wants instant payment(not gonna happen anyway, considering no one is gonna make an one-time $3000 payment without at least one or two times of bargaining).

And again, whoever receives MA, the best choice is apparently to leave the community management to their current staff team. Cant say they are perfect, but they have been rather experienced and know what they are doing. Owners messing up with management can potentially drive the community to a dead end, true businessmen know this very well.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.