View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 02:17 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,256
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

umm this is interesting. How much are you paying for the hosting service? Assume you are currently breaking even, it generates a revenue of $3000 a year, this accounts for a $250/month dedicated hosting service? But I thought a dedicated server at $250/month should be able to more than sufficient to handle a site like MA? Just curious.

At this moment I'd recommend you to consider what Nemesis said in his last paragraph - Leasing. This way you will not be paying for the hosting package, while still able to collect revenue at about $250-$300 a month. This process may last for about a year(or half a year if the new owner finds ways to make it $500-$600 a month?) until you have received exactly what you wanted earlier - $3000. One important reason to consider this is that it is hard to make potential buyers believe that MA will be a good investment under current conditions. One time $3000 payment is apparently too risky a price to pay for most of them. Not saying you will definitely not be able to sell it, but chances are you will have to wait for months or more than a year to get a satisfactory offer.

There is one thing I do not quite understand though. Some members from MA said that you would not accept donations from them, while I also heard from Kaeliah before that you would not hire programmers from MA to code for yourself. Is there a good reason for this? But if so, why are you selling MA right now in order to find someone who will do some new coding for the site?

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.