View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 01:24 AM

Credits: 11,413
Quillink
Default Limit clicks/day to 10, for each pet?

I want to do this a) to stop Yarolds people buying 100pets and lvling them all to max that day and b) to add a sense of realism (so they dont grow old in a day).

My idea was to add two columns to the "owned_adoptables" table: "date" and "clickstoday" or to that effect.Then I would edit the levelup.php script so that each click would check to see if "$date" is the current date and what "$clickstoday" is.

If the date is wrong it will update the date (to the current date) and set "$clickstoday" back to naught.
If the date is right and "$clickstoday" is under 11 I will have it run the normal procedure and add 1 to the field.

I just wanted to run this by you guys to see if you see any immediate problems? Such as, is the date variable going to be the same for everyone? Or can someone in Australia click the pet, then an American (thus resetting the $date, since it's probably different) and the Australian being able to click it again...?

Or otherwise, do you have a better system? It doesn't seam that hard to code. :\