View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 04:50 AM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,222
squiggler is on a distinguished road
Default Help Making Stats Page = Click Page & Lineages?

Hi all! I was wondering how to do two things:
1. Getting the stats on the click page. It'll probably entice guests more if they can read an interesting description. (Also getting the egg, junior, and adult descriptions unlocked as the adoptable grows.)
2. Lineages. IntoRain has been wonderful in getting the mother and father listed on the stats page, and it's better than nothing, but I really want lineages. Some thoughts I've had regarding it:
-The way it's working in my head is you call the IDs of the parents and display their images with links. Then you call the IDs of their parents, etc., etc. Or maybe when they breed, it creates a lineage page and references the database to find out if a lineage page exists for the pair and adds to it. But I'm not a coder, so.
-We found this site: http://www.pedigreequery.com/generator/
If nothing else can be done, having something like this where they can manually input their creatures would be okay. (Very cumbersome, though.) It'd be nice if they could type in the IDs and then hit send and it would update with linked images. They could then save it to their computer or maybe even the site?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.