Thread: Ah..hello ^^;
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 09:00 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 90,656
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Can I ask what exactly they weren't doing over at MVPS? What all didn't you have access to yourself?

If it comes down to wanting new features and bugfixes, we've been waiting on HoF to deliver a new version of Mysidia for at least two and a half years when he first promised it'd be out the next season. I know this because I joined two years ago and almost delayed because I felt the new version would be out soon... and after two months of waiting, it still wasn't, so I moved forward developing on the current version. HoF has a life, and if something's free, you're getting exactly what you pay for. Luckily he IS around to talk to, at least. I see him at least once a week consistently!

The community is pretty helpful and after a while several members have gotten the hang of doing things. Coming into this, I barely understood PHP - and Mysidia is so full of custom classes (thanks to the object-oriented style it's built upon) that it's hard to understand how to use at first.

See, beyond basic functionality, if you want something done... you will pretty much have to do it yourself. It will allow a programmer to add in amazing features, but it puts a non-coder in basically the same position MVPS would. But the difference is "not knowing how to code" versus "not being able to". If you're willing to learn, we're here for you! Don't be afraid to ask some really basic questions if it helps.

I super recommend looking into taking a few courses at Codecademy - it's free and very easy to follow. If you sign up, you can keep track of your progress (and that's the only purpose of signing up so don't be afraid to do so~)!